We pride ourselves on our supportive family orientated approach and we aim to be a happy and inclusive place in which to learn, where children can achieve academic success and develop high aspirations for a bright future.
Our school motto is ‘Be the best you can’ and we focus on the following:
- Treat each child as an individual so our school environment and teaching specifically targets their learning needs and develops their ability and social skills.
- A focus on literacy which enables children to express themselves clearly and imaginatively and develop a passion for reading and writing.
- A focus on mathematics to encourage children to develop a logical approach to problem solving in becoming confident skilful mathematicians.
- Deliver a wide and diverse curriculum where aesthetic awareness is developed through music, literature, art, sport and outdoor learning whilst foundation subject skills are developed through projects, research and reasoning.
- Positive values where respect, good manners, moral awareness and independence is encouraged and promoted through our ‘Growth Mindset’ culture.
- Foster and develop strong home and school links recognising the importance of effective communication and the relationship between school and home.
- A positive, supportive learning environment to develop their resilience and learn that mistakes are an important part of learning.
- Encourage staff development to ensure fulfilling roles for staff and deeper learning opportunities for children.