For the remainder of this term:
1) Please continue to use the White Rose maths lessons.
Independent learning can be found on the BBC Bitesize website.
Alternatively, I will post some relevant worksheets on the “Kingfisher Maths Worksheets” blog, which you may find more helpful. I will update this weekly.
2) Please use the BBC Bitesize lessons for English and for other subjects each day.
3) This term, we were due to be learning about the Ancient Egyptians. If this is a topic your child is interested in, they may wish to complete some related tasks. Here are some suggestions of what you may wish to do:
- A poster about a god, famous person or place.
- Research where they lived, what jobs they did or what they wore.
- Write a story (based on one they know, or completely original) based in Ancient Egyptian.
- Watch videos (e.g Horrible Histories) on the River Nile or King Tutankhamun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WhIybg_Qo (Please note this may contain adverts and links to other videos)
- Daily reading tasks on Ancient Egyptians via Twinkl (currently free) https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/daily-reading-ancient-egypt-activity-pack-1-7-11-t-e-2550252
- Create some Ancient Egyptian-style jewellery or a death mask.
- Build a pyramid or a shadoof.
- Translate your name or a message into hieroglyphics.
- Write a diary of a slave, or a king.
- Mummify a tomato. https://www.nrpa.org/uploadedFiles/nrpaorg/Grants_and_Partners/Recreation_and_Health/Commit_to_Health/Foods_of_the_Month/September/September-Experiential-Activities-Grades-3-5.pdf
- Design an outfit for different people (or dress up!).
- Make a presentation (e.g. on Powerpoint) about your favourite topic.
- Locate Egypt on a map, and see how many countries the Nile goes through.
- Learn about the importance of the Nile and how it flooded.
These are suggested activities for this term. Should you want to adapt these to suit you and your child, please feel free.