Good morning Kingfisher,
This is you last full week of term, then it will be the summer holidays! Keep up the amazing work you’ve been doing, keep reading and don’t forget to relax too.
Enjoy you learning. I look forward to hearing what you have been up to and seeing some of your work from this week.
p.s Parents: Please reply to the class email to confirm you have received your child’s school report.
Ideas for learning about the Ancient Egyptians
- A poster about a god, famous person or place.
- Research where they lived, what jobs they did or what they wore.
- Write a story (based on one they know, or completely original) based in Ancient Egyptian.
- Watch videos (e.g Horrible Histories) on the River Nile or King Tutankhamun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WhIybg_Qo (Please note this may contain adverts and links to other videos)
- Daily reading tasks on Ancient Egyptians via Twinkl (currently free) https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/daily-reading-ancient-egypt-activity-pack-1-7-11-t-e-2550252
- Create some Ancient Egyptian-style jewellery or a death mask.
- Build a pyramid or a shadoof.
- Translate your name or a message into hieroglyphics.
- Write a diary of a slave, or a king.
- Mummify a tomato. https://www.nrpa.org/uploadedFiles/nrpaorg/Grants_and_Partners/Recreation_and_Health/Commit_to_Health/Foods_of_the_Month/September/September-Experiential-Activities-Grades-3-5.pdf
- Design an outfit for different people (or dress up!).
- Make a presentation (e.g. on Powerpoint) about your favourite topic.
- Locate Egypt on a map, and see how many countries the Nile goes through.
- Learn about the importance of the Nile and how it flooded.
- Design a map of an Egyptian town.
- Listen to “The Egyptian Cinderella” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCH4mO09RA (Warning: YouTube link may contain adverts and links to other videos)
- What is the same as the original Cinderella. What is different?
- Pick out the 6 key parts to make into a comic
- Write your own version of the story, changing some of the animals, settings and characters
- Design your own Ancient Egyptian goddess or god.
- What is their name?
- What do they look like
- What are they the god of?
- Write a story about the god.